(Redirected from Avatars
An avatar is a small picture of yourself of representing yourself that will be visible next to your forum posts. To select an avatar for your account, navigate to Control Panel -> Account Settings.
FUDforum supports three types of avatars:
- Gallery (or galleries) of built-in avatars that forum users can select from. Two galleries are included by default: Smiley faces and Tux penguin avatars. Administrators can remove them or upload additional avatars by navigating to the Avatar Manager admin control panel.
- External link to an avatar image on a different site. Sometimes also called a gravatar (globally recognized avatar). These avatars require administrator approval.
- Avatar image uploaded by a user. These avatars require administrator approval.
Create your own personalized avatar
You can use any image manipulation program like GIMP or Photoshop to create a small avatar image from a head shot of yourself.
Several sites are also available that will help you do it. For example, use a site like http://mypictr.com/ to create your avatar from a photo of yourself. Select a pixel size of 64x64 - most forums will not accept larger avatars!
When done, save the avatar image to your PC and upload it to the forum (Control Panel -> Account Settings -> Custom Avatar File:).
- Avatar Approval, admin control panel used to approve or delete URL and Uploaded avatars.
- Avatar Manager, admin control panel used to manage built-in forum avatars.
- mypictr.com, site for creating an avatar from a photo of yourself.
- gravatar.com, site that allows you to create a personal gravatar.