FUDforum 2.3.0 was released on 26 August 2002. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
The first RC to the upcoming stable release of 2.3.0 is now out. This was a mostly bug fixing release with only one new feature, which is the addition of the IkonBoard (mysql) to FUDforum conversion script.
The following bugs were resolved:
- PM online/offline indicator fixed for admin.
- Alignment of preview of private messages.
- Fixed a bug with polls that caused voting to take user to a 404 error message.
- Fixed redirect after thread deletion.
- Made the order of messages on post more user friendly.
- Users now need to confirm their email address once they change it.
- Usage of sessions & multi-host login has been fixed.
- Relaxed file permissions during the install process to allow user to remove any created files and directories via ftp or ssh/telnet.
- Fixed a bug with redirect code.
- Fixed the install process on Windows machines.
- Removed unneeded acronym tags where ever possible.
This is another bug fix release for the upcoming 2.3.0 (stable). The one major addition in this release is the newly added Russian translation, which brings the total number of translations of FUDforum to nine.
The following bug fixes were implemented in this release:
- Added code to polllist & usrinfo forms to prevent showing of polls from deleted forums.
- Fixed a query failure that occurs when an anonymous user creates a poll.
- Removed a RIGHT JOIN from consistency checker, since it seems to have caused problems to older MySQL versions.
- Optimized the forum removal code as well as fixed a bug with a missing include.
- Fixed a bug on minimsg form, which is responsible for showing previews of the messages in the thread you are replying to on the post form.
- Fixed mark read logic in selmsg.
- Made upgrade script not overwrite graphics in custom themes.
- Fixed division by 0 bug in compactor code.
- Fixed a bug that would cause post form to fail, when replying to a message containing a poll.
- Fixed a typo in the French translation.
- Removed hard coded include of err.inc.t inside root_index.php.
This is the final testing release before the 2.3.0 stable. The stable release if all goes will be made available on Thursday or Friday. Changelog:
- The forum dump/import process now has the ability to import MySQL datadumps into PostgreSQL and vice-versa.
- Added a new option to the user's profile, allowing the user to disable IM indicators on message display pages. Intended for people with slow connections.
- Fixed yet another division by 0 warning in compactor.
- Fixed a spelling mistake inside English messages file.
- Updates to the Chinese translation.
- Fixed 2 table definitions for PostgreSQL.
There were a number of important changes since RC3, so to be on the safe side I've decided to delay the release of 2.3.0 stable and make yet another RC release, RC4.
- A major new feature was added, that was just too neat (IMHO) to leave out of the 2.3.0 release, which is the primary reason for RC4. This feature is the 'tree view' of the thread listing, while disabled by default (a little slow, some optimizations will come in the future) if enabled (like on this forum) it will show a tree view of threads.
- German & Russian translations were updated.
- Added read/unread indicators on tree view beside each message.
- Fixed alignment of the password reminder form.
- Made upgrade script restore core.inc on failure of upgrade, to prevent version confusion.
- Fixed a file permissions bug inside the forum backup script.
- Make 'undefined section' error message give more info.
- Prevent parsing of [*] inside [code] tag.
- Fixed permissions set by file compactor.
- Fixed rview redirection form.
- Fixed a number of bugs inside nntp.php & maillist.php scripts.
- Made nntp import fetch message ids in reverse order to allow for proper tree building.
Finally, the stable release of FUDforum 2.3.0 is out.
This release has a few bug fixes for several bugs still found in RC4, they are listed below.
Changes from 2.3.0RC4:
- Cleanup the layout on the thread tree view.
- Fixed a bug in decoding of URLs.
- Fixed a bug in FUDcode parser, which would cause problems when it would encounter unclosed [ tag inside another tag.
- Fixed a bug in 'mark read' code.
- Added better controls for thread/message display, 4 options instead of previous 2.
- Added code to upgrade script to check for & remove duplicate indexes.
Major Changes since 2.2.3
- Added NNTP and Mailing List support.
- Added tree view of the thread listing.
- Added additional user options, allowing users greater control over what information they see. Such as the ability to disable IM indicators, etc...
- Optimized FUDforum code.
- Added French and Russian Translations.
- Numerous bug fixes, review changelogs all releases between 2.2.3 and 2.3.0 for specifics.