(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 03:24, 5 July 2013
|| NOTE: How can I help?
- Download the latest version, test it and report issues on the support forum.
- Checkout the latest version from SVN and help us to develop new features and prepare patches.
- Ensure your language is fully translated.
- Help us to proofread and update the documentation on the wiki (this site).
This page contains progress and ideas for a FUDforum 3.0.5 release. Exact release date is unknown (probably July/ August 2013).
You are welcome to expand this page if you like to work on a new feature or influence the development direction.
Users that want to help with testing and development can check out the latest code from the SVN repository.
The new system requirements to run FUDforum will be:
- PHP 5.3 or higher (PHP 5.2 will no longer be supported).
- MySQL 5.0.2 or higher (support for other databases will remain unchanged).
If you use the ldap plugin, you will have to reconfigure it after upgrading to this release (new 'ldap.ini' included).
- The ldap plugin now support SSL connections (LDAPS) (by Argure).
- The irc bot now supports NickServ and IRCS connections (by Argure).
- Update jQuery v1.7.2 to v1.9.1 and jQuery UI v1.8.19 to v1.10.3.
- New Email_Obfuscate.plugin (by User:Cpreston cpreston)
- Add support for Vimeo videos (Youtube plugin).
- Validate forum backup files before restoring them.
- (proposed) Remove support for Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) web browsers.
- (proposed) Remove the Affero MOD (I'm not aware of anyone still using it).
- (proposed) Remove unbuffered queries from all the MySQL drivers. I doubt if it's still worth having?
- Apply security patch provided by High-Tech Bridge Security Research Lab (unlikely null-byte code injection vulnerability).
- Eliminated an early return case from ses_get() which was causing the possible DoS attack reported here http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=120684
- Validate and sanitize custom user profile fields.
- Fix some minor cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Fix importing of phpBB2 messages posted by anonymous users.
- Fix RSS/ATOM validation with HTML Chars in forum description.
- Improved compiler error messages.
- Resolved SQL error due to registration IP address not being quoted
- Resolved fatal SQL error and php division by zero when a moderator uses the move selected button (see bug report http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=120609)
- A better fix for usernames containing "invalid" characters by Multitool.
- Some e-mail clients (like Thunderbird) ignore HTML base tag (patch by LeCoyote, details at http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=168106)
- Various fixes.
Ideas to explore