(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 19:39, 27 March 2009
FUDforum is a highly customizable forum package, with a large feature set. The easy to use administration control panel allows the administrator to easily configure and control the many features available. The forum also includes an interactive help package, which helps to familiarize users with the full potential of FUDforum.
Here are some of the core features offered by FUDforum:
- i18n support, with a number of languages distributed with the forum.
- Full template support with a FAST template compiler.
- Powerful groups management system, which allows fine grained control over forum's resources.
- Private Messaging system, with post tracking & buddy lists
- Built in spell checker (using the pspell library)
- Ability to use FUDcode, HTML or Plain Text inside posts, configurable by the admin
- Administrator definable ranks for the users bases on number of posts as well as assign an unlimited number of custom tags to individual users
- 3 types of user avatars
- Ignore list, allows forum members to ignore posts made by other users.
- Threaded View (by default standard flat view is used)
- Customizable Find and Replace system, which fully supports both perl regexp (preg) and even str_replace for extremely fast simple replaces
- NNTP & Mailing List integration, allowing FUDforum to be used to archive newsgroups & mailing lists, as well as allow forum members to post messages to newsgroups and mailing lists via the forum.
FUDforum also supports all the standard features you may come to expect from a modern forum.
- Posting/Replying and editing of topics and messages
- Sticky/Announcement messages which stay on top of the forum until they reach their expire date
- Custom Avatars upload with administrator approval and automatic scaling (if ImageMagick's mogrify utility is installed)
- Emoticon (smilies) Support, with an easy to use admin control panel, which allows the admin to add/remove and edit smilies
- Post notification system, which can send notifications via Email & ICQ
- Unlimited number of forum moderators
- Hidden, Private, Moderated and Password protected forums
- Moderation queue, in moderated forums all unapproved messages can be viewed by the moderator and approved or deleted on the spot.
- Email confirmation of registered users (can't post until the email address is confirmed)
- Specialized HTML like FUDcode that allows styling of messages, the advantage of FUDcode over HTML is that FUDcode will never break layout.
- Banning of users by their username and/or IP or IP Mask, Email address filter or Login name filter (full regexp support)
- Multiple file uploads per post (configurable by the administrator for each forum)
- File extension control, allowing/disallowing certain file extensions
- Fully customizable header & footer which can support PHP code
- Language filter (full regexp), which allows the admin to replace certain offensive words
- Full support for Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Automatic lost password retrieval
- Search Engine
- MD5 passwords (128 Bit encryption)
- Thread locking by Administrators & Moderators
- Easy to use installation PHP or Shell script
- Unread Posts Tracking, you can automatically see which posts you have not yet read
- Extensive message filtering, by date, read/unread, forum, thread, reply status
- Message reporting, allows visitors to report inappropriate messages to the Administrator
- Robust MySQL or PostgreSQL back-end, with a virtually unlimited number of messages (up to 2^32 messages)
- Polls if allowed, users can create on or more polls on their messages
- Forum & Thread subscription system with an easy to use control panel. Allows users to subscribe & unsubscribe from forums & threads.
- I-SPY system, if enabled it allows forum members to see what the other users on the forum are doing.
Many other smaller features are available, however they are too numerous to list here. It is the goal of FUDforum to provide a complete and robust forum package that can satisfy all of your needs.
- Features, a more detailed list of features.