Fudla Bridge will offer an integrated forum solution to users of Joomla! CMS by linking Joomla! to a FUDforum installation. There was a version for Joomla 1.5, but its development was abandoned. There is a new version under development for Joomla 3.1.
|3.1 Version:||Under Development|
|Download:||Email curtis at truthinit dot com if you're interested|
W. Curtis Preston from [Truth in IT] funded the development of this version, as he needed it for multiple sites that will soon be switching from phpBB2 to FUDForum. Development started in May '13 and is now up and running.
Here are the summary of the functionality of the first version:
It basically moves login and authentication functionality over to Joomla, and then logs the user into FUDforum in the background. This is similar to what the MediaWiki Login component does for Mediawiki. Accounts are managed on the Joomla side, and info is synced to the MediaWiki (or in this case FUDforum) side.
1. Users attempting to login to FUDforum will actually be redirected to Joomla to login.
2. Users logging into Joomla will then be automatically logged into FUDforum
3. Users logging out of Joomla will be logged out of FUDforum
4. Joomla plugin will monitor for any changes in user accounts, and then makes those same changes in FUDForum, including:
5. Users logged into FUDforum who want to edit their profile will actually be directed to their Joomla profile, and any changes the make there will be propogated to their FUDforum profile.
6. Plugin will also monitor Community Builder fields and do the same thing, and will allow mapping of CB fields to FUDforum fields.
7. Joomla! search plugin so that a Joomla search yields results from FUDforum
Speak now if you're interested.
Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
(Can't contact the database server: Cannot return last error, no db connection)