FUDforum 1.2.4 was released on 28 March 2002. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 2.0.0 ASAP.
Another development release of the 1.2.X series. Once again a few bug fixes:
- Added missing NOTIFY_FROM option to admglobals, this option control from what the emails originating from the forum have in the "from" field.
- Fixed a bug in objutils that prevented the removal of a forum icon. This bug may have caused problems on other forms also due to improper implementation for fetch_vars() function.
- Added a timezone work around for AIX machines, so timezones settings work properly now on AIX.
- Added a work around for a bug in php 4.0.1pl2, which has problem with certain objects. (NOTE: for MANY reasons you should NOT be using such an old version of PHP).
- Fixed a bug that ALWAYS showed GMT time for anonymous users in the curtime box at the bottom of most pages.
I forgot to make the announcment yesterday, but as they say better late then never.So, here are the changes:
- Fixed a security bug that allowed unconfirmed users to send private messages & use the forum's mail system.
- Added code to remove uncofirmed users after a preiod of time defined in settings.
- Added code to expire moved thread pointers in the original forum.
- A few layout fixes for the navigation tabs inside user control panel.
This is mostly a maintenance release with a few bug fixes and 2 very minor features.
- Unconfirmed users will be removed from database after X number of days specified in admin control panel. (default value 7 days).
- Moved thread pointers now will expire after X number of days specified in admin control panel. (default value 3 days).
- Add a security fix to prevent unconfirmed users from writing private messages & using FUDforum's email system.
- Made a fix in post & ppost form to prevent showing upload box when editing a message with a maximum number of allowed file attachments.
- A small layout fix on the user's control panel.
- A few other minor bug fixes, you can find them in the changelog.