FUDforum 2.6.14 was released on 11 July 2005. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
A new version of FUDforum is in the works, 2.6.14. This release is intended to introduce some new functionality as well as address any existing bugs.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Allow resizing of the textarea for message posting.
- Added ability to set temporary bans.
- Added admin control panel to view all banned users.
- Improved performance of threaded topic view list rendering.
- Improved png hack for IE, it is now done by PHP.
- Better caption for template set on theme editor.
- Unread message indicator for collapsed forums.
- Some changes to allow support of PDO database interface.
- Added view support to upgrade script.
- Improved message storage algorithm
- Fixed multibyte search.
- Fixes to the French translation.
- Fixed consistency checker bug with ignore list rebuilding.
- Fixed Win32/Unix timezone selection.
- PostgreSQL fixes for privileged user listing.
- Fixed permission porting in phpBB2 conversion script.
- Don't forget to remove theme dir inside include/ on theme removal.
- Better host resolving with host-names containing just 2 periods in them.
- Fixed hard-coded text in registration confirmation template.
The 2nd release candidate for 2.6.14 is now out, aside from a number of bug fixes few important developments were done as well.
1) FUDforum can now make use of PDO Database driver for PHP 5.0/5.1 with support for MySQL,PostgreSQL and SQLite backends.
2) FUDforum can now be installed on systems running PHP 5.1, the few BC changes introduced by this release are now being accommodated.
3) The temporary table usage is now optional, which means forum install no longer requires this permission to be available.
- Properly recognize permanent bans on ban list admin control panel.
- thread_view table is now forced to MyISAM for MySQL.
- Improved non-tagged email parser in FUDcode.
- Fixed E_NOTICE on empty headers on e-mail import.
- Improved slow reply match for NNTP/Maillist import.
- Eliminate the need for db_count().
- Installer/Upgrade script now support HALT parser feature of PHP 5.1
- Better handling of URLs being sent to mailing lists.
- Prevent wrapping of the user control panel.
- Fixed message approving by consistency checker.
- Updated textbox resize images.
- Fixed message compactor.
- Forum datadump/import has been significantly optimized and simplified.
- If caching headers provided by the browser, send 304 instead of the content.
- Handle situations where database prefix on MySQL contains uppercase characters.
- Fix warning when checking table type in older MySQL versions.
- When checking temporary bans, properly expire them.
- Added missing search permission check for forum/category select box on the search page.
- Show location of custom word list for the spell checker on admin control panel.
- Various optimizations to the consistency checker.
After nearly 2 months of development FUDforum 2.6.14 is finally out. Aside from the usual bug fixes this release includes a number of important improvements, such as full support for PHP 5.1 and introduction of a PDO database driver support, which enables FUDforum to talk with SQLite in addition to MySQL and PostgreSQL.
For the most part 2.6.14 is a combination of RC1 and RC2 with a few small additional changes.
- A series of fixes for the PDO SQLite driver.
- Fixed the phpBB2 conversion script.
- Added the ability to clear tracker for the NNTP import.
- Fixed DB detection in the installer, when only one database driver is available.
- Added FUD API function to adding & updating users.
- Added quick page jump to merge thread control panel.
- Added db_all() database interface function for quick data fetching into an array, reducing code in a number of scripts.
- Added handle for situations where the max limit for rdf is not set.
- Make [code], [pre] and [php] tags except from smiley code formatting.
- Added checks to ensure smiley code does not end with a ~ inside the admin control panel.
- Better "slow" reply matching for imported messages from NNTP or mailing list.