It is unclear if FUDforum 2.2.4 was ever officially released.
This is a 1st pre-release of the upcomming 2.3.0 FUDforum. The reason for the pre-release is because there are MANY changes, some of which are features others are optimizations and of course the occasional bug fix here and there.
Here is the summary of the changes I feel are important to note, if you need the little details download the changelog from the download page.
- Added SMTP class, which allows FUDforum to send email by connecting directly to SMTP server. This functionality also supports SMTP Authentication.
- Mailing List Support (read only for now), ability to have mailing list messages injected into FUDforum, including attachments, automatic user account creation, maintaining reply order, etc...
- Optimized the FUDforum code by replacing while( list() = each() ) loops with a much faster foreach() loop.
- New user control panel option, allowing users to refuse private messages.
- Renamed all references to 'Thread' to 'Topic'.
- Add a form allowing the users to see all active polls.
- If a user has created any polls their profile now shows the number of polls created as well as a link to a page showing all the polls by that user.
- Changed _new to "_blank" for all external links.
- Fixed an announcement bug, that would not make messages announcements made by users who had been given the announcement privilege via the group system.
- Fixed a bug with visible permission on the front page.
- Fixed a bug in the automatic URL parser (FUDcode).
- Fixed a broken 'show rest of message' link.
- Fixed a bug in admcat.php, that caused category description to be cutoff.
- Fixed a bug in admforum.php that caused the category name not to appear beside each forum.
- Fixed a bug, that would cause last post in the front page to include deleted forums in the query seeking the last post.
- Fixed a number of HTML bugs found using CSE HTML Validator Professional
I would like to thank Albert Wiersch (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/) for donating a full license to CSE HTML Validator Professional, which is proving to be extremely useful at identifying various HTML buglets inside FUDforum code.
Another BETA release with new features.
This release integrates full NNTP support. What it means FUDforum can now be used to archive/mirror newsgroup as well as allow forum members to post newsgroups from the forums that are 'attached' to a particular newsgroup. A new admin control panel admnntp.php has been added to allow the admin to define NNTP rules.
Updated the Polish translation.
Fixed hardcoded references to index.php
Major updates to the Phorum > FUDforum conversion scripts, it now works properly Smile
Several other small bug fixes, if you are curios about them read the changelog.
If all goes well in a few days RC3 will be released, it will include the WRITE support for mailing lists.
This is hopefully the final major change RC release before 2.3.0 stable. It will however be followed by at least 1 more RC with small changes and possible fixes for any bugs that are discovered.
- Added open_basedir check to installer & upgrade scripts.
- Added code to upgrade script to upgrade custom templates.
- Finalized Mailing list support (added write capabilities, allowing posts form the forum to be synchronized to the mailing list).
- Added next/previous links to tree view allowing quick movement between messages in a tree.
- Lots & Lots of code optimizations, that were made possible to a profiling patch from http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/~sbrown/profiler/php-profiler.html
- Added French translation.
- Updated German translation.
- A complete HTML audit of nearly all HTML generated by FUDforum. Special thanks Albert Wiersch of (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/) for donating a full license to CSE HTML Validator Professional, which was used to trace and find HTML bugs.
- Fixed a search engine bug, with a wrong table name.
- Fixed a bug in automatic URL parser that would stop URL parsing on & symbol.
- Fixed invalid links to help on FUDcode & Smilies from post forms.
- Fixed error reporting bug in mailing list importer.
Now were are officially into the Q&A stage for upcoming FUDforum 2.3.0 If you have time please grab a copy of 2.2.4RC3 and try to break it. The more bugs we find & solve now the better 2.3.0 release will be.