FUDforum 2.6.1 was released on 17 March 2004. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
The first release candidate of FUDforum 2.6.1 is now avaliable. This is a primarily a bug fixing release, with just a few small features added.
- Fixed bug in the optimizer for CASE handling.
- Fixed adding new variables to GLOBALS.php.
- Make ',' a separator for spell checker.
- Removed pointless variables.
- Removed duplicate entry for MAX_LOGGEDIN_USERS in admglobals.
- Fixed permission check to determine if forums are readable.
- Update anon user's name when login is changed.
- Assign custom Admin tag to proper user during install.
- Fixed conversion of underline tags.
- Index words 2 chars long.
- Fixed a few typos and spelling errors in English translation.
- Removed optimization that could cause table corruption in MySQL 4.0 and the fix implemented by MySQL developers ignores it all together.
- Fixed bug that would prevent png images from being displayed in Opera browser when it's in IE 'emulation' mode.
- Allow ignoring of anon user.
- Only use PNG hack for IE 6.0+, it does not work in IE 5.5 after all.
- Do not allow group leader to delete themselves from the group they are managing.
- Properly install images from themes.
- Fixed editing of the [font] tag.
- Do not lose RDF & PDF settings.
- Updated French translation.
- A 'fix' for an IE bug when downloading files over HTTPs.
- Fixed query error when forwading a private message with attachments.
- Do not display referral information if referral tracking is disabled.
- Fixed group permission inheritances problem.
- Properly handle posted messages during user deletion.
- Do not double encode html entities.
- Better detection of path_info themes.
- Fixed few possible query failures with PostgreSQL.
- Skip moved topic pointers for RDF/XML feed.
- Fixed internal redirects.
- Removed some useless code that caused an E_NOTICE in path_info theme.
- Make rdf_parser script work with pre PHP 4.3.0 < versions.
- Escape database name for instances when it contains special characters.
- Possible fix for memory_limit systems in theme compiler.
- Implement accesskeys.
- Added [imgl] & [imgr] tags that allow positioning of images adjacent to text blocks.
- Added date range to message navigator.
- Added IP browser.
- Updated Phorum conversion script to work witn FUDforum 2.6.X+.
- Allow RDF feed to get & fetch multiple forums, categories, topics and messages.
- Display user's real name on profile page, unless they have invisible mode enabled.
- Prefix subscribed forum names to topic entries in topic subscription list.
- Place an identifier about the author for anonymous messages.
- Use "base href" to generate shorter URLs, making pages 10-20% smaller on average.
Getting ever closer to the 2.6.1 here is 2.6.1RC2, at this point my todo list is complete and the only thing left is fixing any last minute bugs. I will be attending a PHP Conference (PHP|Cruise) at the end of this week and will not be avaliable till 6th of May, but once I return unless critical problems appears 2.6.1 final will be released.
- Fixed back-to-top & various inline links.
- Corrected error messages for registered but not validated users.
- Added security check for moved topic pointers.
- A much faster IE hack that uses a .gif fallback.
- Updated German & Chinese translations.
- Fixed handling of HTML entities.
- Validate alias against login filter.
- Make quote tag use XHTML compliant
- Fixed handling of minimized forums to which user has VIEW but not READ permission.
- Fixed RDF output.
- Fixed handling of subject in NNTP & Mailing List synchronization.
- FUD API - this offers a series of functions that can be easily used to retrieve forum data from external applications.
- Ability to disable private messaging for individual users.
- Ability to disable signatures for individual users.
- Added option to disallow anon users from viewing user profiles.
- Track user's IP registration and display it on account confirmation & admin user editor forms.
A small RC release with just a few fixes, hopefully the last RC before the final release.
- Fixed unique index creation inside upgrade script.
- Disallow editing of messages by non-privileged users inside moderated forums.
- Allow multibyte chars in the alias.
- Encode e-mail subject to prevent breakage with non US-ASCII chars.
- Fixed quote handling in the search engine.
- Always specify charset for e-mail notifications.
- Improved the non-authenticated user error to simplify the authentication process.
After an extremely long (IMO) release cycle 2.6.1 is finally out. For the most part this release is identical to RC3 with just a few minor changes listed below.
- Fixed variable name confusion in upgrade.php
- Fixed moderator rebuilding logic to allow no moderators to be displayed.
- Fixed variable name errors in nttp.inc & maillist.php
- Fixed archive decompression for upgrade & install script on systems without binary safe fgets() (PHP < 4.3.0).
- Updated French translation.
- Remove flush() calls that seems to cause problems for some PHPs.
- Display current message id beside each message.
- Give custom images priority over the stock ones.
- Finalized FUDAPI by adding functions to create, delete and update messages as well as removal of topic, polls and attachments.
- Added session timeout warning for message posting pages.