FUDforum 2.6.5 was released on 30 August 2004. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
It's been a few week since the last release and it's time to get on the release path once again. 2.6.5 looks to be a mostly maintenance release, however it does have a few new features.
- Disable troublesome PNG hack for IE on Macs which is not needed anyway.
- Added optional Turing test for registration system to deter bots.
- Few additional PostgreSQL query fixes.
- Prevent possible warning when reading empty message bodies.
- Various cleanups and code simplifications.
- Only send no-cache headers for registered users.
- Fixed typos in French & Italian translations and updated German & Polish translations.
- Improved performance of search index building for PHP 4.3.0+ systems.
- Fixed handling of MSN address on user info page.
- Move all date formats into a single file.
- Fixed search handling for Windows locales CP* (Russian-1251 and Latvian).
Another small bug fix release, that should hopefuly put is in a position to release the 2.6.5 final next week.
- Implemented smiley cache, and improved the replacement speed.
- Updated German Help/FAQ.
- Fixed a bug resulting in a loss of some account values.
- Optimize icon display code.
- Added [del] tag.
- Fixed incorrect file paths inside message compactor.
- Fixed incorrect variable names in French & Italian translations.
- Eliminate separate log for failed handling of file attachments.
- Make sure nntp & mailing list script do not need the sessions file.
- Fixed a theme compiler bug when a variable is immidiately followed by a '.'.
- Moved dates formats out of msg files into common date format holder.
- For messages imported from nttp & mailing list convert foreign charset into the forum's charset whenever possible.
- Fixed possible error on split & merge thread pages where non-name forums are available.
RC 2 (RC3?)
A much overdue 2.6.5RC2 is finally out and hopefully will be soon followed by the final. This release contains only bug fixes with the exception of the newly added Japanese support.
- Updated Russian & French translations.
- Corrected install routine for older PHP releases.
- Fixed smiley display on quoting.
- Better handling of multi-line encoded headers for imported messages.
- Fixed decoding bug with nested font tags.
- Fixed theme compiler bugler.
- Fixed file-upload handling for win32.
- Birth date validation for user info page.
- Added IP filter check to registration and fixed it in the remail form.
- Fixed bug with message & topic deletion FUD API.
- Fixes to the sporum conversion script.
After a long delay here is the final version of 2.6.5. Since the RC3 there were a few small fixes that help to ensure that the forum is as stable as possible.
- Fixed bug with adding additional headers to mailing list messages.
- Better permission changer that does not use recursive functions and is FC2 safe.
- When creating a new path_info theme copy all files.
- More spforum converter fixes.
- Fixed search functionality for CP* (russian, latvian) UTF8 (japanese) translations.
- Added the ability to download directories in the form of tar archives.
- Always use _ to separate date bits in datadump filename.
- Added an administrator option to disable autocomplete for the login form(s).
- Make sure that attachment removed during message editing, stay removed.
- Print valid XML output when there is no output to RDF query.