FUDforum 2.5.1 was released on 30 July 2003. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
The long awaited (and promised) 2.5.1 is out.
I believe that the long delay had payed off since many bugs were fixed and in the last several days I have had not reproducible reports. So, here were are.
Largish list of bug fixes
- Fixed memory_limit issues in the upgrade & install scripts
- Fixed a bug in message editor when editing sections with common names
- Fixed function name typo in the code implementing replacements
- Fixed a typo on moderation que that resulted in a parse error
- Make mini-pager consider user's settings (messages per page) when drawing the pager.
- Replaced mod alias with md to prevent namespace conflicts with MySQL 4.1
- Fixed a possible query error when adding 1st category
- Fixed a bug that caused optimizer to corrupt "new class();"
- Fixed a possible query failure in the consistency checker.
- Fixed a problem with 'mark all read' code
- Fixed the code responsible for determination of whether the avatar or the level image should be displayed.
- Restore showing of user ips to moderators
- Various PATH_INFO template & source code fixes.
- Fixed query that showed wrong recipient in Sent folder for PM.
- Fixed a Post Notification default value.
- Removed various 'dead' code.
- Make forum navigation select use VISIBLE instead of READ permission to determine which forums to display.
- Fixed variable name confusion in forum manager.
- Added a check for forum & group name association.
- Optimize user information verification.
- Make the select box use the VISIBLE permission rather then READ permission when determining the forums for the search select.
- Fixed a bug that caused Unanswered Posts link to disappear.
- Fixed condition that determines whether or not to show user's online status in pm control panel.
- Make sure that the file pointer is at the end of the message file before doing ftell(). Should solve the rare problems where message bodies are blank.
- Shorten index names to prevent problems with PostgreSQL 7.2.X
- Many fixed to the forum data dump/import process.
- Make consistency checker work with PostgreSQL.
- Block any error or warning messages generated by highlight_string().
- Do not show warnings when set_time_limit() fails on safe_mode enabled systems.
- Correct colspan for announcement row.
- Fixed a bug that made regular group members appear as leaders.
- Optimize file_get_contents() emulation.
- E-mail escaping of \n. sequence.
- Make buffer for URLs and php://stdin for file_get_contents() more reasonable.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent addition of group leaders with simular nick names.
- Added set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); so that systems with magic_quotes_runtime enabled won't experience problems.
- Added code to ensure that announcement & forum association is properly generated.
Few new features:
- XMB -> FUDforum conversion script.
- Added message navigator.
- Added the ability to limit mass e-mail sending to members of a particular group.
- Added code for e-mail notification for Private Messages.
- Allow admin to easily turn on/off PDF/XML links.
- Added functionality to member list that allows the admin to quickly delete, edit and ban/unban users via links beside each user name.