|| IMPORTANT: Users running FUDforum 3.0.0 to FUDforum 3.0.7 can upgrade to this release. Users on older FUDforum 2.x releases must first upgrade to version 3.0.0 before they can upgrade to subsequent releases.
FUDforum 3.0.8 was released on 1 April 2018. Support for this release will end on 31 April 2019. Users still running 3.0.8 should upgrade their forums to FUDforum 3.0.9 ASAP!
The minimum requirements to run FUDforum 3.0.8 is:
- PHP 5.3 or higher (tested with PHP 7.2).
- MySQL/MariaDB 5.5 (or higher) or one of the other supported databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
When using mysqli with UNIX sockets and enabling persistent connections doesn't work and actually breaks the connections. Please apply patch at http://sourceforge.net/p/fudforum/code/6136
Enhancements and fixes
- Simplified user registration.
- Ability to specify a ban reason.
- Display IP address in User's Profile to moderators.
- Improved AJAX lookups.
- Update JQuery to v3.3.1 and JQuery UI to v1.12.1.
- Update FPDF to v1.81 (from http://www.fpdf.org/)
- Option to remove 'index.php' from forum URLs.
- Ability to run forum on both HTTP and HTTPS simultaneously.
- The MySQL driver was removed in PHP 7. Automatically switch forum to 'MySQLi', if possible.
- Fix index creation (ALTER IGNORE ADD INDEX was removed in MySQL 5.7.4).
- Remove "magic_quotes" for PHP7 compatibility.
- Cosmetic changes.
- Latest localization updates from http://translatewiki.net.
- Added support for ku-latn - Kurdish (Latin script) (Kurdî (latînî))
- Added support for lki - Laki (لەکی)
- Added support for mr - Marathi (मराठी)
- Added support for ne - Nepali (नेपाली)
- Added support for eu - Basque (euskara)
- Added support for fy - Frisian (Frysk)
- Added support for km - Khmer (ភាសាខ្មែរ)
- Added support for lrc - Northern Luri (لۊری شومالی)
- Added support for mg - Malagasy