FUDforum 2.6.8 was released on 15 November 2004. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
Here goes the 1st RC of the next release, the reason for the 'rush' is that I've added the much requested nested/sub category support and would like as much testing of this functionality as soon as possible. Aside from this a few small fixes to the code.
- Added nested/sub category support.
- Fixed template name error in topic splitting control panel.
- CSS changes to make message bodies easier to read and prevent page's horizontal scroll on overly long message bodies.
- Opera browser fixes for FAQ.
- Improved MySQL 4.1+ fixes. MySQL 4.1.5 has a version specific bug with index resolving, so we won't support this version a later on an earlier version is needed.
- Fixed searching of unsupported locales.
- Fixed E_NOTICE in path_info theme when splitting topics.
- Small code optimizations through the removal of temporary variables.
Right on the heels on RC1 here goes RC2. This release introduces one feature, this being "flat" category listing where all forums inside the category are listed in one row below the category name. The rest of changes are bug fixes, which are the real reason why we have RC2 so soon. I'd also like to thank all the people who have tried and tested RC1 and helped me find bugs in it.
- Added flat category listing support.
- Small optimizations through removal of temporary variables.
- Log GET/POST data on query failure.
- Fixed back to top link on message view pages
- Fixed bug when fetching multiple data entries without a limit via FUDAPI.
- Fixed forum icon selection.
- Workaround for pre PHP 4.3.3 with glob() on win32 and FreeBSD.
- Few E_NOTICE fixes for issues introduced in RC1.
Here goes 2.6.8RC3, which is hopefully the last release candidate before the 2.6.8 release. The "big" thing in this release was the introduction of the IF/ELSE logic into the templates, which allowed elimination of many temporary vars inside the forum code, hopefully leading to some performance improvements.
Aside from this there were a bunch of small bug fixes in various bits of code.
- Added template support for IF/ELSE
- Fixed locale handling for NNTP/Mailing List import scripts.
- Fixed NNTP option storage.
- Fixed hard-coded path in upgrade script.
- Make MySQL 4.1.5 charset latin and not utf8 for better compatibility.
- Fixed admlock warning in older PHPs.
- Make find user pop-ups wider to prevent horizontal scroll.
- Make sure moderators can input password for password protected forums.
- Better locale for english languages.
- Proper word split for search system.
The stable version of 2.6.8 released, there were no major changes since the last RC and all the changes that were made were simple touch up fixes to further stabilize the code.
- Fixed bug in the display of visible but not readable forums.
- Fixed hard-coded DB prefix in the phorum converter.
- Fixed template optimizer and made it handle memory limited installs gracefully.
- Send caching header for file attachments.
- Do no display collapse indicator beside "flat" categories.
- Automatically expand collapsed categories that are being currently viewed.
- Removed references to no longer used/needed variables.