FUDforum 2.3.2 was released on 01 October 2002. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
This is a mostly a bug fix release with only 3 small features.
- Added HTTP Auth support to allow for easy scripting of forum backups. A working example can be found in the manual.
- Complete rework & cleanup of the file upload code. This change allows uploaded images to be inserted into message body.
- Optimized the forum backup code to use a lot less memory.
- Fixed a theme removal bug, it now updates the theme of users who used the deleted theme to the new default theme.
- Updated Russian translation.
- Fixed permission problem after logout from restricted area.
- Updated read/unread forum icons on the front page.
- Fixed login process to return the user back to the forum page they began the login process from.
- Fixed expired account removal bug, that could cause removal of genuine accounts that were marked unconfirmed due to email address change.
Hopefully, the last RC before the 2.3.2 stable release. This was a bug fix release, which is refreshingly small Smile, meaning that only a few bugs were found so we are one step closer to a bug free code. Below are the details of the fixes:
- Fixed a bug that prevents proper message compacting when prior to compacting ALL messages are removed.
- Re-wrote admlog control panel. This fixes a few bugs in that code.
- Fixed a number of PostgreSQL related problems in the upgrade script. I can now say with a large degree of certainty, that upgrading PostgreSQL will be just as smooth of a process as it is to upgrade MySQL based FUDforum installs.
- Fixed a PostgreSQL bug with file upload.
- Fixed a bug with theme deletion.
- Fixed a bug in mmod form, that occurs when a header contains ' characters.
A fair number of significant changes were made, hence RC3 and not the final release. The list of major changes since last RC is listed below:
- Added Bulgarian translation.
- Added Italian translation.
- Updated Chinese translation.
- Added code to remember category status on the front page.
- Fixed a bug with arrays inside reg_globals.inc.
- Fixed a file upload bug when editing message with file attachments.
- Fixed message compactor problem on forums with no messages.
- Made the default timezone be blank.
- Fixed (I hope) a PostgreSQL error when making new threads.
I am happy to announce that the 2.3.2 Stable release and is now available for download. This is once again a bug fixing release that does not contain any significant new features or changes.
This release combines in itself 2.3.2 RC1-RC3 as well as a few changes since RC3 that are documented below.
- Updated German translation
- Fixed invalid confirmation key bug, when a user goes to the confirmation page more then once.
- On the group manager (user land) groups are now sorted alphabetically.
- The installation/upgrade scripts no longer depend on zlib module. Both zlib & non-zlib archives are supported. By default the non-zlib archive is distributed.
- Fixed a path bug in the admdump script when DATA_DIR is a symlinked directory.
- Fixed a SQL prefix bug in the admdump script.
- Added another sanity check to install/upgrade script that verify the data archive and if archive found not to be valid common reason told to user.
- Fixed a bug on safe_mode systems where installation dir is a symlinked directory.
- Fixed a bug with remembering of category statuses.
- Added more checks to unconfirmed user deletion process.
- Fixed a bug with announcement/sticky message expiry code.