|| IMPORTANT: Users running FUDforum 2.x releases must first upgrade to version 3.0.0 before they can upgrade to subsequent releases.
FUDforum 3.0.1 was released on 15 April 2010. Support for it ended on 15 April 2011. Users still running 3.0.1 are encouraged to upgrade their forums to FUDforum 3.0.7 ASAP!
- Only users running version 3.0.0 can upgrade to this release.
- Sites with authentication plugins against the forum database must upgrade their plugins (to add support for salted passwords) before upgrading to this release.
- If you use the Drupal integration module, upgrade to version 6.x-2.0.
- The Mediawiki extension will work as-is (no changes required).
- Integrated forum calendar (disabled by default, admins can define events, birthdays will be added in a later version).
- Use salted passwords for improved security.
- Queue user's first N posts (default=1) for approval to prevent spam posts. Users that prefer the old behaviour may want to set this to 0.
- Allow users to highlight text and copy it to the message body as a quote (new "Quote Selected Text" button).
- Allow admins to view private messages and clean-up PM spam. For details, see Private Message Manager.
- Add script to generate sitemaps (tell search engines what messages to index).
- Admins can now reset the forum's 'most online users' statistic.
- Add a 'Merge All Selected' button and a 'merge another' message (easier to bulk merge topics).
- New control panel that allows admins to merge user accounts.
- Add external_fud_status() function to FUDAPI to update the forum's iSpy action list.
- Move NNTP tracker into the database and display it's value in the Newsgroup Manager.
- Allow XML Aggregation to load replies into a single topic (complex_reply_match).
- Log install and upgrades to the forum's action log.
- New twilight grey skin was added.
- Easier to vote (users can now click anywhere on a poll option to select it).
- Show message icons in the tree view of messages in a topic.
- ACP improved layout and appearance (by fudidudi).
- ACP tables are now sortable.
- Numerous other ACP enhancements.
- Fix importing of blank USENET messages (caused by badly formatted MIME encoded posts).
- SQLite cannot change column definitions - to work around this problem we now recreate the table and copy the data.
- Wikilinks.plugin now uses unicode regex to support wikilinks to the Russian wikipedia.
- Fix sanitize_login() for sites with PCRE unicode support disabled.
- Save setting to notify moderators of new messages by (byron).
- Check for minimum post length will now ignore BBcode tags.
- Update LDAP plugin to support MS Active Directory (by wsaxon).
- Don't activate LDAP if PHP installation doesn't support it (by JanRei).
- Added access keys for previewing/submitting Quick Reply and updated corresponding help section (by JanRei).
- Further date and charset fixes for Windows (by JanRei).
- Various small fixes regarding usability and validation (by JanRei).
- Mark messages as read while navigating between posts in a topic (AJAX treeview browser).
- Added support for Egyptian Spoken Arabic (arz), Macedonian (mk) and Interlingua (ia).
- Fix mistakes in Finish button text.
- Infinitive for the Dutch "reply" button (by siebrand).
- Turkish images and help files updated (by tiufang).
- Rename language directories (langname to langcode, i.e 'english' to 'en') to allow TransateWiki staff to add new languages.
- Various localisation updates from translatewiki.net.
- The WWWBoard (from Matt's Script Archive) to FUDforum migration script was significantly improved. There is no reason why sites should still be running old WWWBoard forums. If you are still running it, contact us immediately for assistance on the support forum.
- Ilia Alshanetsky for his support and upgrading the fudforum.org site.
- Jan Reininghaus for various fixes and code improvements (see details above).
- Fudidudi (David Rees) for redesigning the Admin Control Panel and various other style enhancements.
- Siebrand Mazeland for helping FUDforum localizers on translatewiki.net and committing translation updates.
- KerryG, fudidudi and beAst (Ilia) for new logo suggestions (our new logo is visible in the ACP).
- Witcher for creating buttons for the twilightgrey theme.