FUDforum 2.0.0 was released on 07 June 2002. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
After much hard work we're proud to announce FUDforum 2.0. FUDforum 2.0 is possibly the most advanced forum to date. FUDforum features all the standard fare expected from a modern forum:
- Editing (with advanced set of permissions on who can edit and even for how long)
- Private Messaging
- FUDcode (the standard [b][/b], [u][/u], [url=][/url] tags and many more)
- User ranks automatically determined by post counts
- Multiple custom ranks
- Full text search system
- File attachments, however FUD goes beyond and allows multiple file attachments "right out of the box"
- Cookie & URL only session support
- Censorship & Advanced replacement system
- Thread and forum subscriptions (via email or icq)
The features that differentiate FUDforum other forums are:
- GPL license allowing you to easily modify the forum to your needs.
- Very fast forum.
- Full templating and i18n system.
- Built in spell checker.
- An advanced permission control system.
- Threaded view.
- MIME System that allows to control the appearance of file uploads.
- Advanced message filtering, allows you to filter by: read, unread, subscribed messages and forums.
- IP/IPmask, Email, login blocking systems.
- Moderator log (allows to see what the moderators have been doing).
- Thread splitting.
- File extension control, allowing you to specifiably which file extensions are allowed to be uploaded.
- Message reporting, allows users to report messages to moderators.
- Moderated forums, Messages will not appear on a forum before they are approved by the moderator.
- Thread Exchange, moderators of different forums are able to exchange threads.
- Password forums, posting will only be allowed with the knowledge of a password.
In addition FUD's developers are ever present on the support forum to always lend a helpful hand.
You can obtain FUD in 2 ways:
Download via the web: http://fud.prohost.org/download.php
Or via AnonCVS:
$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/forum2 co -rfud-2_0_0 fud2_install
Instructions are provided inside the archive, however, FUDforum is very easy to install. An extensive user manual is available at http://fud.prohost.org/doc/ in Online/Offline HTML and PDF formats.
If you require any help, or wish to file a bug report please use our support forum at http://fud.prohost.org/forum