FUDforum 2.8.0 was released on 22 February 2009. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
- Ability to prevent new users from having links in their signatures till they have a certain number of posts.
- The installer & upgrade script will now create new tables as utf8 encoded.
- The message compactor now works on Windows systems (close files before unlink).
- More USENET importing fixes (post duplication, mem limit, etc.).
- Fix sorting members by join date.
- The message compactor can now convert between character sets. This will enable non-English sites to migrate their messages to UTF-8.
- Ability to stop people from posting links till they have a certain number of posts.
- The installer and admin control panels were restyled.
- All themes were changed to XHTML.
- Add grippie for easy textarea resizing.
- Posts in the flat message view can now be minimize and maximize.
- A new checkbox for moderators to select all topics for bulk move or delete.
- Fix attachment handling when using PostgreSQL (textcat typecast).
- Fix column 'subject' cannot be null while loading USENET posts.
- Allow account moderators to edit their own accounts.
- Fix private message pager with PATH_INFO URLs.
- Open search fix.
- Removed duplicate slash.
- Fixed a possible user deletion bug.
- Fixed topic description loss on edit.
- Removed maxlength limitation of password validation length.
- Remove a leading <br> from quote tag.
- Some RDF feed tweaks and fixes for 't' mode.
- Fixed a buggy simple XML output of topic listing.
- Fixed a bug in Chinese translation.
- PHP bug work-around.
- Fixed marking read on topic pager.
- Added word chars to filter out.
- Added missing size checks for URL avatars.
- Fixed loss of topic description on topic move.
- Fixed topic description rendering.
- Added display of topic description at the top of message display for a topic.
- Fixed a possible PostgreSQL query error.
- Added missing PATH_INFO template reference.
- Fix a bug with PostgreSQL un-install script.
- Several HTML optimizations and small fixes.
- New Afrikaans language translation available.
- The Russian and Chinese translations were updated.
- All messages were converted to the UTF-8 encoding;
- The non-UTF8 Russian translations were removed (the UTF8 version is still available.
A big thank you to everyone who made this release possible, especially Ilia for his great support and commitment to this project! Remember, everyone can help - and, we always need more volunteers to assist with testing, translations, documentation updates, theming and developing patches. Every contribution is appreciated and is vital to this project's continued success.