FUDforum 2.7.5 was released on 09 June 2006. This release is no longer supported. Please upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.0 ASAP.
After a very long time, 2.7.5 release process is starting. As you can imagine after such a long time since the last release the list of changes is quite impressive. The highlights of this release include the following:
- Improve visual representation of next/prev links on the page.
- Make categories on the userlist toggles allowing up/down sorting of data.
- A number of fixes to mass-email/pm functionality.
- Fixed a few bugs related to in-db message storage.
- Avoid negative thread counts when expiring moved topic pointers.
- Updated the French translation.
- Fixed insertion of URL and E-mails based on selection for Mozilla based browsers.
- Added tool-tips to FUDcode formatting tags.
- Don't default to lower rating when no rating is selected
- Make subscribed topic link on the subscribed page take you to the 1st unread message in the topic
- Added a flag for disabling page caching for anonymous users.
- When posting in post-only forum redirect the user to the front page on successful message post
- Fixed author filter on the search page.
- Use Ajax for threaded message view, topic rating and category collapsing.
- Fixed selected text access for Safari browser.
- Added support for [wikipedia] tag.
- Improved search term highlighting algorithm.
The changes found in this release are as follows:
- On the tree view update the read/unread icon when changing messages.
- Rename FAQ to Help.
- Display success message on password reset.
- Make sorting by message start from descending order on the user list.
- Fixed smiley insertion from the "all smileys" pop-up window for Safari.
- Fixed tree view for IE.
- Fixed archive reading bit for installer and upgrade script on PHP 5.1.0+.
- Fixed a possible query failure when moving a topic from and to the same forum.
- Fixed problem caused by partial page loading on the post page.
- Fixed character set issue in tree view Allow disabling of actions list and who's online for anon users.
- Better caption for the settings control panel.
- Change font sizes from pixels to points.
- Improve check for PATH_INFO theme on theme creation.
- Fixed Ikonboard configuration parser in the conversion script.
- Improved reading & posting help.
- Updated German help files and translations.
- Added image mime-detection for file uploads, this fixes a possible XSS for IE users with invalid images.