(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 17:05, 10 August 2013
|| IMPORTANT: Users running FUDforum 3.0.0, FUDforum 3.0.1 or FUDforum 3.0.2 can upgrade to this release. Users on older FUDforum 2.x releases must first upgrade to version 3.0.0 before they can upgrade to subsequent releases.
FUDforum 3.0.3 was released on 9 September 2011 and is our 10 Year Anniversary (RC1 was released on 17 July 2011 and RC2 on 26 August 2011).
Users running 3.0.3 are encouraged to upgrade their forums to FUDforum 3.0.4 ASAP!
The new system requirements to run FUDforum is:
- PHP 5.2.3 or higher (PHP 5.1 will no longer be supported!).
- MySQL 5.0.7 or higher (support for other databases will remain unchanged).
- Static forum pages for content pages like adding "Contacts" or "About Us" pages.
- Admins can change the firing order of plugins.
- Detect and auto-login web crawlers (see Spider Manager).
- Global announcements (show announcements on front page).
- Nested sub-forums.
- Allow uploading of multiple attachments in one go.
- Display Custom Profile Fields in user's profile (if allowed).
- Allow anonymous users to vote (grant "Can Vote" to "Anonymous" in the Groups Manager to enable).
- Log more ACP and Group Manager actions. For example, banning and unbanning of users, attempts to clear the forum's error and action logs, etc.
- Don't show failed passwords in the Action Log Viewer. Only say password failed - not what the user typed in.
- Cron.php can now run from command line or web (if copied to a web accessible directory).
- Add option to use a fixed email address when synchronizing forum replies to a mailing list (patch by mguillaume).
- Add colour-highlighting for quoted text (lines starting with '>') in ML and NNTP imported messages.
- Option to format forum messages as MIME encoded posts before sending them to a newsgroup (default is UUencoded - development sponsored by James).
- Introduce new PRE_TEMPLATE and POST_TEMPLATE hooks (handy for capturing and processing theme output (patch by Dayo).
- Don't import E-mail/Usenet posts from banned users.
- New POST_BACKUP hook, Dropbox.plugin and Ftp_backup.plugin for storing backup files off-site.
Default templates were updated to HTML5 and indented to make it easier to read and understand.
- Add "Cancel" button on Post Page.
- List forums in compact category as expanded when category is opened (see mock-up).
- Document BBcode for wrapping of text around images in the FAQ/Help pages (patch by The Witcher).
- Hide the "Register" link if user registrations are disabled.
- The User Info Left/Right themes will now properly show geo-location flags.
Support was added for DB2, MS-SQL and Firebird. We now supports a total of 7 database management systems.
- Support for IBM DB2 databases.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Support for Firebird databases.
- Slave database support for replicated MySQL databases (by eclipsewebmaster)
- Database host:port support for PostgreSQL (by mguillaume).
- Close DB connection before initiating a potentially large attachment download (performance optimization).
FUDforum now ships with more than 50 languages!
- New Tagalog (Philippines) translation (thanks to AnakngAraw).
- New Serbian Cyrillic translation / Српски ћирилица (thanks to Rancher).
- New Serbian Latin translation (also by Rancher).
- New Lower Sorbian translation / Dolnoserbski (thanks to Michawiki).
- New Malay language (Bahasa Melayu) translation (thanks to Anakmalaysia).
- Numerous localisation updates from translatewiki.net (thanks Siebrand!).
Some of the fixes:
- Mathieu (mguillaume) for several patches (see details above).
- User:Dayo for his Joomla integration plugin and other patches.
- Siebrand Mazeland for helping FUDforum localizers on translatewiki.net and committing translation updates.
- The Witcher for updating the help files (to explain wrapping of text around images).
- JanRei for several patches and manitaining the German pages on this wiki.
And others (please add your name!)